Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 1100 20 ga fault
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of stag wolf
posted
My Remington 1100LT20GA is playing silly devils, it all started a few weeks back i fired the first shot and went to fire the second and the triger pulled but did not apear to have cocked the triger was moving but no click sort of thing, i pused out the two pins and pulled out the triger group and all seemed well so i built it back up and caried on walking partridges up. the next time i went out it was fine, then i went after teal the other day and got the same thing again, pushed the pins moved the triger group and pushed it back in and it worked for about 5 shots and then it stoped again, took it home, cleaned it looked and can see no wrong, built it up went out and it worked for 3 shots and same again and i outed the triger just a couple of mm and poped the pins back and it works again, the last time i took it out it was not ejecting the cases out of the chamber at all this is a whole new event and i have looked at the gun and can see no problems, i have had lots of rem 1100s over the years and i know my way around them o trings etc but no idea what this is that is causing these problems, i run the thing allmost dry and its clean throughout. HELP!

Posts: 67 | Location: outside | Registered: 19 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mighr try posting this at shotgunworld.com. They have a remington lovers forum with a lot of knowledge. Let us know how it comes out as I have a remington 1187 20 also.

+ 150 Posts - Lost password in last switchover

Posts: 42 | Location: KCMO - But always an Okie | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 12 gauge that the top ring was sticking in the barrel extension. I have also had rings that were too loose build enough pressure to operate the shotgun. One other thing to try is to remove the action spring, and roll the follower across a table and see if it is straight- sometimes they get a little "kink" and will work in one position and not in the other. Did you clean the gas ports? The little tin piece in front of the receiver, that rides on the action bar sometimes cracks and then turns a little sideways and slows things down. Check and see if your shell latch is not releasing too early- it will drag on the empty and cause ejection failure. Good luck

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote