Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Belgium Shotgun?
 Login/Join

posted
Which one is the Santiago proof mark? Do you have any idea of when it may of been manufactured? Do you have any idea what it may be worth?

Thank you for the help!

Posts: 7 | Location: Alberta , Canada | Registered: 16 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
The Spanish proofmark is the Greek beta on top, the rest is Belgian. It's a few decades old I guess and the selling price wasn't much as these guns were meant for farmers and game keepers, although many young hunters bought them as their first gun.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information, here is a link to another thread that I have had response from as well. Tell me if it makes sense?
web page

Posts: 7 | Location: Alberta , Canada | Registered: 16 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
The reply from Jack Monteith makes sense. However, I disagree with his general appreciation on Belgian guns quality. Many were (a very few still are) handcrafted and could rival with England's best. Names like FN (sorry, not the present FN-Browning), Francotte, Dumoulin, Forgeron, Lebeau-Courally, etc. are reknowned and were favoured by Royal Courts. The latter is still in business but for how long ? Check the site :

http://www.lebeau-courally.com/

BTW, the starting price will buy quite a nice car...

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote