New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franchi Aspire?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This small framed 28 or .410 over/under has been discontinued, apparently due to slow sales which were caused by its relatively high price compared to the same company's larger gauge offerings.

Does anyone have any experience with this gun? Good, bad, or indifferent?

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 28 ga. , Ducks Unlimited version . Beautiful little gun , fun to shoot .
Mine is a Veloce model

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1298 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I don't know what Franchi was trying to do. The Veloce is a nice little gun. The Aspire is a strange bird.

Veloce has alloy receiver with engraving and gold birds. It is very similar to other Italian guns in its price class. It is nothing special but is lively, light, and attractive.

Aspire has a rounded steel receiver with color case hardening and looks bland. It is different than other Italian guns in its price class. I don't know what they were tying to do. Perhaps they wanted it to look a little British. The 28ga steel Aspire weighs about the same as the slightly larger 20ga alloy Veloce. Nevertheless, the steel receiver and color case hardening must cost more and is probably why it is pricier than the Veloce. In fact it is priced similarly to what the Veloce SP, a very attractive side-plated gun, went for. I do not know how the Aspire shoots because I have never shot one. I think it is an unattractive gun.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote