Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Review
 Login/Join

posted
Here is what I would like... I want an honest gun review on The Mossberg 935. By honest I mean I only want to hear from people that actually own one or work on them(gunsmiths). I am tired of the wealthy(benelli, beretta etc... crowd) that lifts their noses to anything not costing $1200 or more. I just want an honest answer from those with actual experience.

Also, I don't want to hear that the gun won't cycle 2-3/4" shells, it wasn't designed to shoot those, so please don't complain about that.

I know that this sounds harsh, but I am tired of other guys that do not own or work on these guns giving an opinion based on name brand instead of actual reliability.

Please help to get an unbiased and fair review of this model gun.

Thanks,
Britt

one of us
posted Hide Post
one of my customers just bought one for hunting ducks and geese so far no problems to report.I do know that he hunts in all weather he bought it midway through season and i never had too work on it unlike his rem 11-87

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. That was just the type of answer that I was hoping for... a straight forward, unbiased opinion.

Hopefully, I can get some more information about them before I decide to buy a gun.

Picture of uplndjake
posted Hide Post
my buddy's got one that's about three years old. it's been on every hunt we've been on together, probably 2 dozen total. it seems it works fine in good conditions..bluebird 40+ degree days. but when it's cold and snotty we call it "the bitch" bcs it works when it wants too, it cycles real, real slowly, and is finicky about what it eats. he no longer brings it. I was considering one for a back up once upon a time but i'm still dragging my nova or bps along. another buddy uses his mossberg ulti mag pump for turkey and waterfowl and has a slug barrel for deer. this guy hunts min 5 days a week and swears by this and his nova when his son isn't using it.

chance favors the prepared mind

Posts: 16 | Location: the island, ny | Registered: 11 August 2004Reply With Quote