Notify
Tools

Benelli??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
I just got a Almost NIB Benelli SBE 1..
Somebody please tell me the difference between the 1 and the SBE 2?? The one I got will hold the 4th round in the bottom. I had a guy tell me he would trade His SBE II for it. Please educate me please.. Marc

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The SBE2 has a different trigger guard and rear stock, the SBE2 barrel are called CRIO and the associated choke tubes that go with it are longer. Now you can use the barrels interchangeably between the two including the forearm except the butt stock since the trigger guard was made larger to accommodate either gloves or fat fingers.
You can use crio tubes in the SBE barrel but not the reverse. Other than that they are
functionally the same
I can't comment on the 4th shell but what I have gathered this was done on the very early versions of the SBE sometimes referred to as the H&K SBE
I have and SBE and I use SBE2 barrels on it for the nay sayers

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
RAAMW. Thank you. Do you have an opinion on after market chokes? I will be using for mostly water foul. Thank you again. Marc

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I generally shoot the 3.5's in #2 and BB and normally use an Improved clyinder standard tube however I have one of those screw in adjustable s chokes made by POLYchoke for those days when you don't know what range you would be shooting

Stick with the 1500 FPS loads and you should do fine

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote