THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Federal TruBall-how do you like 'em?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal TruBall-how do you like 'em?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
I've done searches all over this site and come up with nothing (surprised). Have you shot them thru your smoothbore, and how do they compare to all the others..

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I think their marketing department did a great job selling articles to all the gun mags last fall.
Based on the glowing reviews, i purchased several boxes and tried them in 4 different smooth bore 12 ga guns. I dont think they shot any more accurate than most other foster type slugs. I DID find that they were very dirty shooting slugs, and took a very long time to clean the guns. I also believe they scored the barrels slightly that p*ssed med off a bit.

Just my opinion. Wanna buy a couple boxes?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2589 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Me and a buddy each got a couple of boxes to try on Wednesday. I've never fired a slug thru my Mossberg slug (smoothbore) barrel. It should be interesting. I've always had my Accuchoke turkey barrel on my 500 and for the first time in 15 yrs or so, put the slug barrel on. We'll see....

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
The truball shot crappy in my gun (3" at 50 yds). The el-cheapo Federal rifled slugs went less than 2" at 50 yds. However, the barrel shofts and POI shifts about 6" and another nice group appears. A cantilever scope-based barrel is in the future for me, I guess.

Charles Bronson