THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    What sabot is shooting good for you?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What sabot is shooting good for you?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What shotgun are you shooting?

What 12 gauge sabot slug have you found most accurate at 100 yards in off the bench testing?

I just picked up a 12 gauge Remington 870 synthetic with the super slug 23" rifled barrel. I tried 2 3/4 Rem Copper Solids and 2 3/4 Federal Barnes Expanders off the bench at 100 yards. Both are printing 3" five shot groups at 100 yards.

I have some Winchester BRI's and Federal Hydrashok HP's on hand but have not tried them yet. I'd like to try the Hornady SST's but they don't seem to be available yet. The SST bullet in my Omega Muzzleloader is wonderfully accurate.

Thanks.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone on this forum got 1" groups with a Browning rifled barrel with the Winchester Partition.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Winchester Partition Golds have been great performers for me in a Savage 210 slug gun. I have only shot the 2 3/4 inch variety and they have given groups around an inch pretty handily. Lightfields were not as good but I am looking forward to trying some of the Hornady SSTs as well. They should be very flat and I know that bullet shoots great out of my muzzleloader.

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Out of my 1100 with a rifled barrel,,the lightfield .50 cal sabots cut a 1.5" group @ 100 yds.,,5 shots,,Good luck! Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote