Find
Notify
Tools

28 ga sxs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
What's the best value (read less than $1000 USD) available in a 28 gauge SxS?

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I have not held one, but Dehaan looks really good for the money. They are a Huglu type gun, but nicer wood and finish from my udnerstanding.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2589 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
take a look at the new cz's my son got one in 28 ga (the ringneck model) and it's suprisingly nice

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The CZ's, Huglu, etc. are decent shotguns, but seem a bit muzzle heavy to me because of the thicker barrels for choke tubes. I'd personally rather have a used Ugartechea for under a thousand.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your replies. The used Ugartechea for under $1000 would be my choice, too.....just haven't seen any! Cool

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last September I bought a CZ Ringneck 28 (formerly marketed as Huglu and identical to Dehaan other than the way the receiver is decorated). Shot a few doves with it and so far I have liked it a great deal. The action is wonderfully scaled to the small gauge and feels firm and tight with a crisp trigger. Stock fits me well. The only drawback is that I don't care for the semi-opaque stain that tends to obscure the fairly decent wood. Wholesale cost was $765 and my friendly dealer handled it for me at minimal markup.

The Dehaan might have a more attractive wood finish, so I would recommend googling his website. In the end, the Dehaan will be very little, if any, more expensive than the CZ in most cases.

The same gun is available as the Bobwhite, but without the false sideplates and with a double trigger, straight stock, and splinter fore end. Bobwhite sells for about $100-150 less than the ringneck.

For the price the CZ is hard to beat.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote