New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 12
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I received a model 12 in 12ga shortly after getting out of high school(1990). It was a gift from my father's first cousin, who bought the gun in the 1950s for pheasant hunting in Minnesota. I had to make him a promise that I would never sell it and when I get old I must give it away to a young hunter. It has 97% blued finish left and no scratches on stock. I'll post pictures in a couple days, I am in shock right now after just finding out he died an hour ago. I am holding together for now. Of all the shotguns I have used this one has always worked best for me. 30" fullchoke. It is a dove and pheasant slaying SOB.
Long live the Model 12 Winchester. I hope it will be around and some kid will be as excited as I was and still am. Provided Obama doesn't ban it.

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy, Sorry to hear of the passing of a loved family member. There are probably more M12's passed down to generations than any other shotgun. My son will get his great grandfathers 16ga M12 when I am no longer shooting. My grandson already has a second year production 20ga M12 I started for him shortly after his birth.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i'm sorry to hear about your loss....i bought a model 12 20 ga a couple years ago... for $180!!!!...according to the s/n, it was made in 1939.... the stock has been cut off maybe a inch or more and it has an adjustable choke, no rib....i always wanted 1 when i was a kid and the always cost too much....for a 70 yr old gun, its a good shooter and 1 day i'll give it to a youngster.....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2832 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote