THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Beretta A400 xtreme v. Xtrema 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta A400 xtreme v. Xtrema 2
 Login/Join

Picture of Dutchy
posted
I do a lot of waterfowl hunting so I need a "bulletproof" shotgun next to my sidelock Aya who isn't liking the abuse this kind of hunting is dishing out.

After some research I was about to order the xtrema 2.

But just as I put out my feelers for the best price I run into this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-BHnfmnis

WTF?

The xtrema2 has proven itself to be reliable.
The A400 xtreme is new but maybe has better technology.

What are your opinions?

A400 xtreme or the xtrema2?

Thx!

Posts: 7 | Location: Holland | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have 4 xtremas 2, one orifginal xtrema one, and I am going to get the x44 as soon as it comes available....

I have had problems with all 4 extrema 2's with light firing pin strikes after a lot of shells.... dont know if they fixed the problem, bought a couple of benellis last year for the same time and loved them, no problems

that being said Im buying a x400 as soon as I can get it in cammo.. I figure why not.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Dutchy
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Here in Holland we're only allowed 5 guns on our licence!

So you better buy the right one! Wink

I heard the firing pin story as well on youtube they say it's due to the gasket in the forend not being well placed?

What is a lot of shells for you btw?

greetz

Posts: 7 | Location: Holland | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
went out and bought the a400 extreme, and I am really liking it, althought it does not fit as well as the extrema 2's that I have, I will have to look into the issue with the gasket that you are mentioning.

When I say a lot of shells I mean 8 to 10 thousand shells a year per gun......

I will have to say that I really like extremas, and even though I have had problems with the firing pins, I would continue to shoot one if I could solve that problem.

See which one fits you better and roll with it.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote