THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    What is a browning citori worth?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a browning citori worth?
 Login/Join

posted
How much would a used 12ga. citori with 28 in. bbls. screw in tubes,field grade ,in only fair condition be worth?It is 20 years old.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Since you say fair condition i would say $400

Posts: 2582 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems to vary, but some Citoris shoot or shot loose fairly easily and have to be repaired. The older ones (60s or early 70s, whenever they came out)seem to hold up better than some of the 80s versions.

Be sure to check for looseness before buying it. Take the fore end off, leaving the barrels locked up, and shake it. If you feel anything beyond the very smallest of movements, pass or factor in a couple of hundred for repairs somewhere down the road.

I had one that shot loose rather quickly, less than 50,000 rounds, Browning fixed it for about $150 (late 80s prices). I don't buy them anymore for that reason. Therefore, I can't comment on 90s and later versions.

For the 3 to 10 boxes a year guy, they are excellent shotguns. I prefer 101s but they cost more used. Of course, like in most things, you get what you pay for.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
You didnt say if you were buying or selling. 5 years ago I sold mine for $600.00 in perfect condition during hunting season. I would look in a gun blue book they show what different guns are worth in different conditions and that is what the gun dealer�s use. If I were buying I would buy if off season if I were selling I would wait until just before hunting season when there is a demand.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am selling. Thank you for the answers.