New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot sporting clays today...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
...for the very first time. Was at the Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays course. What a blast. I did the first 50 with my Beretta O/U 28 gauge, and the last 50 with my Browning BPS 12 gauge, and after a wretched start, I ended up with a score o 75. It was the beginners course, with a lot of incoming and outgoing shots, but not too many crossing shots. The only clay pigeon game I have ever shot before was skeet, and even if I am out of practice, I am good on stations 1, 2, 6, 7 and 8, but I have never been consistent with stations 3, 4, and 5, which are all crossing shots. I have shot a 25 straight before at skeet (with a semiauto 28), and I did manage three 24s one day with my BPS pump, but that was about 20 years ago. After my experience today, and how much fun I had, I will never go to a skeet range again. I went with a coworker who goes three or four times a month, so I think I will have to start doing the same...

Posts: 453 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
It may be a good thing that there's not a course real close to me or I would probably go broke. It is really a ton of fun. I still shoot some skeet, but much prefer the 5 stand when it's open or sporting clays when I have more time.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Save yourself while you still can! Run away and don't look back. It's the most addictive thing I've ever tried.

Seriously, welcome to the sport. I've met the best people in the shooting sporting in sporting clays, 5-Stand and FITASC. To get good and shoot consistent scores is a terrific mental challenge and the variety of the birds makes it very interesting.

Kyler

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have only shot trap and skeet a couple of times but have been very active in sporting clays.it has to be the hardest of all the clay bird disciplines but it is also the most fun.it will make you a better shot especially for hunting.welcome to the addiction

Posts: 65 | Location: South Taranaki,New Zealand | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Hooked another one......... Wink Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote