Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Rhode wins Silver medal
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted
Through torrential rains, women's skeet competitors battled in Beijing today, with American Kim Rhode claiming the silver medal in an exciting shoot-off. Italy's Chiara Cainero took the gold, while Germany's Christine Brinker won bronze. All three shooters were tied at 93 targets after the finals and went into a shoot-off as the downpour intensified, the Associated Press reports. Cainero hit her first two targets to take the gold, as Rhode and Brinker both missed one. Rhode and Brinker continued into another shoot-off, with Rhode claiming the silver. Rhode, 28, of El Monte, Calif., is now a four-time Olympic medalist. She won the gold in women's double trap in 1996 and 2004 as well as the bronze in 2000. Rhode switched to skeet full-time after the women's double trap event was taken out of Olympic competition in 2004. "After double trap was eliminated in 2004, it was a bittersweet win for me," said Rhode. "On one hand I won the gold, but on the other hand I knew the challenge I faced in completely switching to skeet. I couldn't be happier with winning a medal today. Gold, silver or bronze, I don't think it matters. I am just so glad to be back at the Olympics and representing my country."

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gold, silver or bronze, I don't think it matters. I am just so glad to be back at the Olympics and representing my country

Refreshing!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote