THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    A-Bolt 12Ga. 2 3/4 or 3 In. value
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A-Bolt 12Ga. 2 3/4 or 3 In. value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About 15 years ago I had a friend invite me to hunt deer with him. Turned out he was in a shotgun Zone. Rather than using a rifled slug I went out and purchased a brand new Browning A-Bolt 12 Ga. with a rifled barrel. I shot about 5 sabot slugs through it and never shot it since, and probably won't shoot it again.

Wonder what its worth?

KJK

Posts: 677 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like around $800 is the number. The newer straight-wall regulations have put a bit of a damper on slug guns.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is a "straight wall" regulation?

KJK

Posts: 677 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of states (like IA) have allowed rifles with straight wall cases for deer hunting instead of shotguns (.350 legend, .450 bushmaster, etc.)

So now folks are buying those for deer hunting.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote