Find
Notify
Tools

H&R Excel Autoloaders
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted
Anyone have any info in the quality of these guns? Looking for a good autoloader i dont have to worry about for not a lot of money and the camo excels look pretty good.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I waited to see what responses you would get from people familiar with an H&R autoloader before posting. All I can say is about the H&R name and that there was a time in America when an H&R single barrel 12 ga. shotgun stood behind the kitchen door of a lot of American farms. It was sometimes referred to as a "gaspipe on a stick" but they were also totally reliable firearms. Things of beauty in guns, they were not -but I never would have wanted to be in front of an H&R firearm - including their pistols. I don't know about the quality of an H&R autoloader but it certainly comes from a good family.

BTW - I'm glad to see you're another Aldo Leopold reader. I once had a plaque made up of something he wrote and which hung at my country place. It read:" A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers." ( A Sand County Almanac, at p.178,Oxford University Press)

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
ive known that H&R is a quality firearm. My only question was that in todays market, the quality of the product is lessened to give way to the marketability of a "trendier" piece to boost sales. And as far as Leupold, one of my professors preaches by his word, so we pretty much all read it, and man im glad we do.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote