Find
Notify
Tools

Yildiz shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
Are these shotguns any good? I know there are preferences that certain people have. Long story short, I am looking for a light weight 20g that I can take with me on a pheasant hunt this winter. One that is easy to carry, swings well,shoots well and is affordable.

Posts: 606 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have found the build quality pretty good, though never really wrung one out for actual point of impact of the barrels. There is a whole subforum on them at Shotgunworld.com.
I will say this in their defense:
Weatherby just added a side-by-side shotgun to its Orion line and they are made by Yildiz.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I've had several Yildiz guns; all functioned fine and were good value for the money.

I currently shoot a Yildiz .410 for skeet when I'm not shooting my Franchi 28 ga.

Recommend you get the steel receiver model.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Only complaint I have heard is the action is noticeably tight, but they will loosen up with use. I opted to buy a CZ Upland Ultralight All Terrain 20 gauge. Really like it but man it is light and rather punishing on the shoulder even with promo loads. 3" waterfowl loads are pretty brutal, I'll take the autoloader for those.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Agree they tend to be tight at first, but so is my CZ G2 Bobwhite 28. It is loosening up nicely now that I have 150 rounds of AA's through it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a secondhand AYA No4. It'll do all you ever need and be better by far than the YILDIZ.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good, shoots where I look, and very good price. (.410)

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1060 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I wanted a double for less than 2k, here it is.

AYA, 12

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=102676190

An AYA Churchill can be had almost like new for just under 3k
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=102623994

20s are going to get into and past 3k on a clean AYA

AYA 3 inch 20
Less than 2k
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=102666476

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote