New
Find
Notify
Tools

See-thru hulls?
 Login/Join

<chevota>
posted
I remember seeing some clear see-thru shells with a slug and roll-crimp once. Anyone know what brand this is? And more important, are there any sources for once fired crimp type hulls?

Thanks

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Most European slugs and buckshot are packed in translucent hulls to make them easier to identify at once.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
chevota-

The older Rottweil-Brenneke slugs had a translucent hull that you could see the slug through. Not sure of the newer ones though, as they have had a slug design change.

<Mr.16 gauge>
posted
Chevota;
Fiocchi manufactures a see-through clear hull for sale to handloaders. It is available from Ballistic Products, www.ballisticproducts.com. Hope this helps.

<chevota>
posted
Thanks for the replies! I didn't see them on the Ballistic Products website, so I sent them an email. They have a lot of good stuff like Precision Reloading.

Thanks!

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Also Sellier&Bellot made slug and buckshot loads in translucent hulls . . .
 -

Posts: 2078 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The original see-thru was a Wanda, made in the U.S. It had a semi-stiff plastic body, no brass on the base, and a roll crimp with an over shot wad.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<chevota>
posted
Thanks for the tips guys! I could only find 2-3/4", but I'll keep looking.

<mod 12>
posted
I just bought some 2.75" Fiocchi slugs and they are translucent. I wanted 3"ers but can't find any anywhere. We'll see how these print out of my BSS.