THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    PICS fabrique de nationale de armes de guerre herstal 16 gauge w/pics info needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PICS fabrique de nationale de armes de guerre herstal 16 gauge w/pics info needed
 Login/Join

posted
I have a very old fabrique de nationale de armes de guerre herstal 16 gauge boxlock. It has 30 inch barrels choked full and full. It's case coloring is in good condition and I'd say the gun is 95%. I was looking for some information regarding the value of this gun or anywhere I can run down some information on this gun. This gun was purchased 35 years ago in india when my grandfather was a member of the state department. Any help is appreciated

Posts: 3 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
griffin and Howe has one for sale at $3,800 which I consider way too high. I think I have seen others for sale at 600 to 1200. Yours has the best wood I have seen. A friend gave me one in 12 guage that needs work. I have hesitated to have the work done because I may have to spend more than it is worth. By the way the guns are not true boxlocks but are trigger plate actions. Sinilar to but cruder than a Dixon Round action.

You might post on the Shooting Sportsman website and get more info as it is a shotgun oriented site.
You have a very nice gun.

Posts: 13 | Location: west tennessee | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply. The info is much appreciated. I will check out shooting sportsmen also.

Posts: 3 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote