New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huglu SxS shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Kind of backwards, but since I just picked one up I was wondering what the thoughts are on them.

This one has nice wood, the polished / nickel finish receiver, and the rounded pistol grip. Nice piece.

TG

Posts: 341 | Location: MI | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW this is a model 202B in 20 Ga. w/ 26" barrels, choke insert system.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Hug who? Roll Eyes

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
To be honest I'm not a big fan. A mate has an over and under and t is the heaviest most unweildy gun I have aver come accross. Apparently they have tried to do something about this so perhaps newer guns are better.

Here in the UK they have absolutely no resale value at all.

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a CZ (Huglu) Ringneck S/S 28 gauge for a couple of seasons and am liking it well enough. It is built on a true 28 ga frame and is delightfully trim and light. In its price range (I was able to get mine for under $800) there's simply nothing to compete with it. The casehardened receiver is pleasant to the eye, the fit and finish are decent, and the quality of the wood is acceptable. The biggest detraction to my eye is the rather opaque stain that obscures what grain would otherwise be visible in the wood. Overall, I'm happy with the gun, particularly knowing that I would have to spend at least three times as much to improve in any significant way on the quality.

Having had it only two seasons and using it only for mourning doves, it really hasn't had a durability test, but after 500 or so rounds it is still as tight as when it came out of the box. I would recommend it to a friend.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well now I have it in hand.

It is tight, very light (true 20 ga. frame), and pretty nicely finished. There are a few tool and finishing marks, but not that bad. The engraving is nothing special, but not bad either. It locks up nicely, is smooth, and is very pointable at 26"

The wood is awesome - I am told it is better than the typical wood. It is well laid out, with nice mineral figure and some tigerstripe.

Overall I am very happy. I can't wait to shoot some clay with it.