THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Beretta o/u year of manufacture?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta o/u year of manufacture?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 12ga beretta s686 special. It has fixed chokes. It is like a newer 687 with polished nickle reciever , blue trigger guard and action lever, forend metal. It has the brass disc for name engraving on the grip butt. Has nice wood.
I emailed beretta ,all the could tell me is it is probably imported before 1978 when beretta usa was founded and they have no records. They said it might have been imported by Bourbon ,berettas import name at the time .
Anyone have any imfo?

Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
<zasgar>
posted
Check the proof mark. If it was produced in Italy it will have a proof mark. If the mark has 2 letters it was produced in 75 or after( Letters AA for 75 AB for 76 ......but they left out a couple of letter combinations). If it has 2 number it was produced before. Post the numbers and I will try to figure out what year.

Italian Proof Marks can be a mystery

MK

one of us
posted Hide Post
On the bottom of the barrels under the forarm at the chamber area is BB . If that is the proof mark. Where did you get reference to their code?
Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the BB is just forward of the chamber. there is
PB under a crown on the bottom of the barrel at the rim of the chamber then AE in a square, KG 350 on the side of bottom barrel.

my newer 686 silverpigeon has w01909 M0, and B1 in a square. it is about 3 years old

<zasgar>
posted
It is the one in the square. AE stands for 1979.
BB could be an dealer or importer mark( BB for Bourbon ?? makes sense, dosnt it ??). PB most likely stands for Pietro Beretta.
If you have a single star over the PSF(Polvere senza Fumo, smokeless powder) then it has standart proof at 1080 bar. A double star indicates proof for magnum loads.

Your new 686 SP should have the mark BI and be from 1998.

If you need more information google for "banco nationale di prova gardone".

Hope this helps

MK

one of us
posted Hide Post
Zasgar --- thanks for the info . That web sight comes up with no results with google etc.
Do you have another link or web sight?
\
Rick

<zasgar>
posted
This is the official site of the Gunmanufacturers in Gardone VT and the proofing house. http://www.armaiolibresciani.org/banco_prova/banco1.htm

I would suggest you better brush up on your italian [Big Grin]
They dont seem to have any english websites.

MK