THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Rifled Slug Choke Tube in a Tactical Rem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifled Slug Choke Tube in a Tactical Rem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have one of the Remington 870 tactical shotguns with the screw in tube with the exterior vent system. My question is can I substitute a Remington Rem Choke rifled tube for the tube that comes with the gun? Anybody have any experience?

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what an "exterior vent system" is, but I think you mean a ported choke. If the choke is I/C, try slugs that are made for a smooth bore and see what you get.

As long a you are using the proper Remington choke for the shotgun, it shouldn't be a problem to use a rifled choke. Make sure the slugs are made to be shot out of a rifle barrel.

Or you could buy a fully rifled barrel, either with rifle sights or a cantilever and get more accuracy.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
call remington customer service and ask.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote