THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Remington 11 backbore w/ Briley choke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 11 backbore w/ Briley choke
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a 12 ga. Remington mod. 11 as I liked the Browning receiver. I would add this to my A-5 stable as a functional traditional beater. This is an earlier one with safety inside the trigger guard. Anyway the seller kept telling me to examine the bore. I didn't expect anything good and wasn't bothered by the pits in the chamber or bore.

The gun had an adjustable polychoke which a Gander Mountain gunsmith said had a bore size considerably different from the bore when it was run down. I pulled that and asked for a backbore and screw-in choke. They sent it to Briley. Got it back today and found the backbored barrel was beautifully cleaned up and shiny from chamber forweard. Will check on barrel diameter. Forcing cone is original minus any opening from the bore job. The IC choke is likely to print a bit tighter due to the new bore. Due to the year long wait Gander agreed way back to forward their commission on the job. Ran about $175 delivered.

Posts: 146 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
What are you going to use it for? My reason for asking is to make a recommendation, actually. IF you intend to use if for waterfowl, etc, call Rhino chokes, tell them what you have and what you intend to do with it, etc. These people sell a good product, they know what they are doing and they are helpful. I feel no remorse for this shameless plug as they really helped me re the performance of my Benelli SBE - like shooting a different gun with their waterfowl choke installed.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is for improvised Illinois state range skeet and trap. Unfortunately I spent over three months in a hospital recovering from a near fatal auto crash. I will now use the thing to do upper arm and body exercises as it now seems like it weighs a ton - as do my other guns.

Posts: 146 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With Quote