Find
Notify
Tools

Best suppressor for .22
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thinking about buying one in the next couple of days. I already have a trust so it should be quick to get the paperwork sent

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a GemTech Outback II, but if I was going to buy another can for rimfires it would be the SilencerCo Spectre II (~$400).

It can handle .17 HMR, .22 LR, .22 MAG, and 5.7x28 FN.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George! I really appreciate it!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My pleasure, Drummond.

Your biggest problem will be finding one in stock with 41F approaching quickly. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've found the silencerco spectre II and the Thunderbeast 22 take down and they are both within $10 of each other

Thoughts on the silencerco vs the thunderbeast? Thunderbeast is right up the road from me in Cheyenne so that's a plus if I ever need anything done

Thanks in advance!

Drummond

posted Hide Post
I've never used any Thunderbeast cans, so I cannot provide an informed opinion.

Ask them what the dB reduction is on .22LR.

If you're trying to beat 41F, find one in Ft. Collins or nearby because Form 3s are taking two months right now.

Get cracking!

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I've never used any Thunderbeast cans, so I cannot provide an informed opinion.

Ask them what the dB reduction is on .22LR.

If you're trying to beat 41F, find one in Ft. Collins or nearby because Form 3s are taking two months right now.

Get cracking!

George

The two I've found are just south of Ft Collins and they already have my trust on file as I have a 30 caliber SAS Arbitor ordered with them. They were trying to sell me on the Thunderbeast and said for the money it couldn't be beat but I haven't found many reviews online whereas the spectre ii's have fantastic reviews

They only have one left of each

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
The two I've found are just south of Ft Collins and they already have my trust on file as I have a 30 caliber SAS Arbitor ordered with them. They were trying to sell me on the Thunderbeast and said for the money it couldn't be beat but I haven't found many reviews online whereas the spectre ii's have fantastic reviews

They only have one left of each

Is that Mile High Shooting? I was looking at a Vengeance but didn't think I'd use it.

As an aside, every dealer here in southern Nevada has been pushing Thunderbeast. I guess they offer the deepest discounts to the dealer, because I've never seen one in the field or on the range. Wink

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

Is that Mile High Shooting? I was looking at a Vengeance but didn't think I'd use it.

As an aside, every dealer here in southern Nevada has been pushing Thunderbeast. I guess they offer the deepest discounts to the dealer, because I've never seen one in the field or on the range. Wink

George

Yes sir, its Mile High. Good info on not seeing one on the range....

I have a friend that has a .22 suppressor and I'm going to head over and shoot his today. I already have a Ruger Mark III with an integrated suppressor so I may just put my money towards something else

posted Hide Post
Have fun today. It's going to be over 100(again) today, so I might go tonight and play with an IR illuminator while I am at it.

Look for something that is direct connect (i.e., no proprietary muzzle brake/flash hider adapters), and an handle the largest bore size you expect to suppress.

George

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Drummond, I have a Silencerco Sparrow you can test drive some time. It's the only .22 suppressor I have experience with so I don't have much to compare it to for advice. I can say that assembly after cleaning it has become easier with use.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote