New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silencerco Harvester
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After looking at suppressors for some time, I finally concluded that I wanted one that would work on several calibers. So I ordered a Silencerco Harvester in 30 caliber, which is good for calibers up to and including 300 Win. I bought muzzle adaptors for my .30/06 and 223 R8 Blaser barrels and sent them off to be threaded. Now I have to wait until the Harvester comes in and then six months after that for approval. Does anyone have experience with 30 caliber and smaller using the same can? How about with the Harvester can itself?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've used my Elite Iron Bravo 1 on two .308s, a .300 AAC Blk, and numerous 5.56x45 carbines.

Report on the smaller caliber rifles is reduced significantly, but I am told that a 5.56-specific can would be slightly more efficient.

If I could just walk into a store and buy one over the counter as in Switzerland and elsewhere, I'd have one for each caliber. As things stand now, I can live with 'almost as quiet'.

George
P.S. I am toying with the idea of getting a Harvester Big Bore .338.

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Specwar 7.62 works **really** well on my 5.56 AR. Of course, it works **really** well on my 7.62 AR also.

Smiler

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The approval came back in 71 days. The Harvester works well to knock down the noise of Supersonic ammo so that only the sonic crack is noticeable. It also reduces recoil. No significant noise reduction on supersonic 22LR ammo but subsonic is like snapping your finger.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
It also reduces recoil.

You added about 3/4 of a pound to the total mass of the rifle. tu2

My Bravo 1 weighs double that with the CQC muzzle brake, so I see almost no muzzle rise.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote