Find
Notify
Tools

suppressor plug
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I'm in need of a 'plug' for 5/8 x 24 suppressor. The purpose is for internal cleaning of a sealed unit. Can't seem to find such a thing....suggestions?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
I'm in need of a 'plug' for 5/8 x 24 suppressor. The purpose is for internal cleaning of a sealed unit. Can't seem to find such a thing....suggestions?

Perhaps gas fittings use that UNEF thread, failing that why not just a rubber bung of appropriate size which will seal in the muzzle thread end of the suppressor which I assume you are trying to do.

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I need to plug the muzzle end of the suppressor so I can do a deep clean on a sealed can.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Dan Dowling made up a plug for me. Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a plastic potato chip can and place the sealed can in there and cover with carbon remover.

I don't plug either end.

A buddy cleans his in a sonic cleaner. My system for cleaning takes longer and is more passive but it gets most all the gunk out. I them rinse with water and shake and dry the can.