Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 915 Threaded Barrel Wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted
I have a S&@ mod# 915. Bought it years ago surplus from a dealer who was selling the old weapons from a local police dep. who upgreaded to the 45acp.

I was thinking to get a threaded barrel to fit a silancer to it. Anyone know where I could aquire a barrel thats threaded or one that could be threaded by myself?

Also if I was to make my own siliancer what kind of meatl should I use? I'm guessing alum. would be too week to handle that kind of blast. Steel seems too heavy.

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of a threaded barrel for a 915 and don't see how you'd thread a pinched barrel.

You might try extending the barrel and threading the extension. IIRC, Adco used to offer this service.

Inconel is the material of choice for suppressor tubes and titanium is popular, but steel and aluminum are more economical. People are even using the 3-D cell Maglite bodies.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I've seen videos on youtube of people using oil filters.

Also, I didnt know all the barrels were pinched. My thought was it was something other stock.

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. I've got a 915, so I know the gun.

There are guns with threaded barrels on the market (like my favorite, the FN FNX Tactical .45 and others). You can also buy threaded barrels for S&W M&Ps, Glocks, 1911s, and others.

The oil filter "suppressors" are only good for a few shots and BATFE ruled that even the oil filter is a suppressor part, so once you wreck it, you have to send the whole thing back to the adapter manufacturer so they can 'install' another filter.

If you're going to build a can, use proper materials.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote