Find
Notify
Tools

ATF turnaround
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As long s you have a plan. tu2

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
Big Grin The battery only goes dead when you need it, so checking it is pointless.

LMAO -- Harry, i'll be loaning you my digisight!

convert it to toggle switch, rather than key .. or push button

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Well, shot my 7.62-SDN-6 this weekend and I'm totally sold on the experience. Shot about 75 rounds of .308 full house loads completely hearing-safe and no degradation of group size. There was a shift in POI, however. About 3 inches lower and slightly to the left.

But there's always a "but", eh? I loaded a dozen 200 gr subsonics based on a known receipe of 10.0 gr of Trailboss. At 100 yds they hit the dirt befor they got to the backstop so I ran one throught he chronograph. Lo and behold, only 743 fps instead of 1100 +/-. They sorta dribbled out the end of the barrel. But I don't think 1100 would have shot appreciably higher; certainly not on the paper. I was hoping sub- and super would be a little closer together. But after experiencing the hearing comfort of this suppressor I think subsonics are superfluous.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
Big Grin The battery only goes dead when you need it, so checking it is pointless.

LMAO -- Harry, i'll be loaning you my digisight!

convert it to toggle switch, rather than key .. or push button

I think a pressure pad in the forearm or grip area would be pretty functional.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just mailed another Form 4.

Let's see how long this one takes.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last F4 sent in on 2/14/12. Not been approved yet. Is for a very robust dedicated 5.56 can.

I think I've bought the last suppressor for a while. Only one left that I might be interested in might be a 45 caliber rig.

Dealer called today (Tuesday 8/14/12) to let me know that he's received the approved F4. Will pick up the can tomorrow. <smiling broadly!!!>

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
tu2

posted Hide Post
My first two stamps were approved last week just over six month from when the forms were sent), and they should arrive at my dealer this coming week.

The lead will be flying around here! BOOM

In a few months my next stamp should arrive:

George

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was told that the lady at BATFE who was singlehandedly processing applications now has been given 3 assistants. Hopefully this will improve turn around time. I hope so, I just bought a new can for my Ruger 22/45 with a threaded muzzle.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Which suppressor did you buy for your .22? I bought a Gemtech Outback II.

With CCI Quiet ammunition, it is no louder than an air rifle, although the ammunition will not cycle my .22/45 or my 10/22.

George

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
George,
I bought an AAC pilot

I will use it on a new Ruger 22/45 with a threaded barrel.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Six months to the day.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that my state of Wyoming has okayed suppressors for hunting, I would imagine BATF will get very busy. Good we have such a small population ..... imagine if CA or NY made them legal !

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the folks involved with my application, this week. I applied in September. I was told it would be 30-45 more days.

Almost as bad as waiting on a pair of custom boots. Except that I know this will fit when I get it! Big Grin

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

posted Hide Post
It took one week short of six months from check cashing to approval for the suppressor I picked up last week.

This was two weeks faster than the last time. I hope that once they burn through the backlog, times will improve further (unless Obama decides that NFA Branch will suffer under the sequester).

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
Another 6 months to the day!

RC

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My Pilot arrived Tuesday afternoon! Man is that thing quiet! Especially with that Aguilla Colibri ammo. Won't cycle the action, but man is it quiet!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am now two weeks over 6 months.

My last three transfers were 6 months to the day.

RC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:This was two weeks faster than the last time. I hope that once they burn through the backlog, times will improve further (unless Obama decides that NFA Branch will suffer under the sequester).

It won't be Obama, it is Congress who decides to pass a better budget or not. And it is also up to the BATE on how they distribute their money. Just as it is up to the Navy to decide if I get furloughed at the shipyard I work at or not.

Ranb

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
They're telling me 8 months presently...oh well, don't have to do it many times.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just completed month 7 on my application. Hopefully something soon.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
7 1/2 months

RC

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Submitted November 2012 received stamp June 2013.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ATF is now telling folks to expect 9 months after going pending ... and it is taking two months or so for Forms received to go pending.

Is gonna be a LONG wait for new applications!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Seeing as how you can now pay via credit/debit card, the delays that were encountered while Atlanta (where checks were cashed) bundled the forms for shipment to West Virginia should be eliminated.

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
Form 1s for SBRs submitted on 9-23-2013
Received stamps 06-17-2014

RC

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Submitted Jan 16 (2015). Got it May 12. Couple days shy of four months.

They seem to be getting more efficient!

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last two have come in at about 3.5 months.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
Sent my form 1 in on 3-16-15 and received it back approved on 7-2-15.

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by artshaw:
Now that my state of Wyoming has okayed suppressors for hunting, I would imagine BATF will get very busy. Good we have such a small population ..... imagine if CA or NY made them legal !

It might be entertaining to get ATF approval while still a California resident...the inverse of medical marijuana where the state nullifies federal enforcement.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last was about 4.5 months.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just sent in my form 4 for a suppressor today I wonder how long this one will take.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 460 wby shooter:
Just sent in my form 4 for a suppressor today I wonder how long this one will take.

My last one came in about a month ago. It was around four months from mailing to approval.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard from my dealer today that he had a form 4 come back 7 weeks from the bay it was sent. I really hope that's true sense I bought a silenerco specwar 5.56 yesterday.

One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
Form 1 Submitted 5-11-15. Approved 9-06-15

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got mine back in 71 days

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called the NFA branch today to check the status of my form 4 and it was approved on 9-20-15 now just waiting for the paperwork to arrive at the dealer so I can pick-up my specwar 556.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 460 wby shooter:
Called the NFA branch today to check the status of my form 4 and it was approved on 9-20-15 now just waiting for the paperwork to arrive at the dealer so I can pick-up my specwar 556.

My dealer called yesterday and said my tax stamp is in. I will be picking up my suppressor tomorrow!

posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Post a review once you've used it.

George