Find
Notify
Tools

ATF turnaround
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted
Anyone here get their stamp from ATF recently and when was it sent? Ive had a couple of applications sent in late August and Im about to have a fit to get the items in the field on some hogs!!! Just being impatient.... Mad

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
December to September

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
as in dec 10 to sept 11!!! I had one stamp clear this summer in 3.5 months.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Turnaround times do seem to be extending. I too have a couple of Form 4s that went in during late August. I figure January to February is the first rational time to hope for.

Discouraging for sure.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
June to November 2011 for my last two form 1's.

Ranb

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at least three months to "God only knows..."

They have had my homebuilt form 1 since early September.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a phone number on the Form 4 that the transferee can call to inquire about the status of an application (if you circled the words "I do") in section 9 of the form your submitted. May not be good information, but they will begrudgingly give you a status update. Don't know anything about a Form 1 though...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have called in the past and they were happy to give me the info. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
National Firearms Act Branch
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA
Voice (304) 616-4500
Fax (304) 616-4501

Ranb

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My July applications had an error. Received a letter, spoke with ATF (who couldn't have been more friendly and understanding). I was told 2-3 more weeks. So about 5 months

Posts: 230 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had an application out since the first week of July. I have to believe it's almost time.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called on mine just before Thanksgiving and was told it is a 150 day turnaround. Everytime I ask, it gets longer so I am not going to ask anymore. Confused

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Form 4s went in at end of August.

Thought they might make Christmas ... but there's no chance even with a "good" examiner.

Am expecting it to be longer than the last one (125 days).

Mike

--------------

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Turn times are 5-6 months now. Your looking at Feb to March. I don't even bother calling these days. Just wait till you get the call from your dealer. There is nothing you can do.
Just like Heathcare in the next few years.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the call yesterday (01/09/2012)
6 months

quote:
Originally posted by rcasto:
I have had an application out since the first week of July. I have to believe it's almost time.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
2 of my 3 applications finally cleared. They were sent in early August.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I heard they are short a couple of examiners and a hiring freeze precludes replacing them right now.

Funny how the .gov gets all tight with money when it doesn't involve buying democratic votes.

I am waiting on a Form 4 since Sep or so.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair for which the checks were cashed on 9/2/11. 163 days. Just have to be patient.

Mike

--------------

posted Hide Post
Been waiting 4mos. Tony

Posts: 19 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dealer received two approved Form 4s today.

Sent: 8/30/11
Check cashed: 9/1/11
Approved: 2/23/12
Received by dealer: 3/16/12
Examiner: Dana Pickles

Three weeks to get the form 75 miles down I-79!

Mike

--------------

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
In 2010 I sent my application for my first suppressor in on November 3rd. I got a call from the dealer on December 23 telling me my stamp was in. Wish it were still that fast!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mine is not here yet...

I see no reason for the delay when the nice person at NCIS can clear you over the phone to buy a firearm in fifteen seconds.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called BATFE yesterday to check on my Form 4, my call was answered by a helpful employee this time. I was told my application was in "pending" status, and has been since 10/28/11! The BATFE employee told me approvals are now taking between 6 and 7 months due to a huge increase in the number of applications submitted. So...I guess mine should be approved in the next 30 days or so.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just hung up the phone. Mine is "Pending" and it will be that six months. The nice lady said they are absolutely swamped with applications in the last year.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I applied in Sept 2011,just received it last week.7 months about right for the government.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Im approaching month 8 on my surefire can. Took 6 months for surefire to fill the order! It better be good for what it cost and the time its gonna take to get here!!

posted Hide Post
I placed an order in July and received the suppressor and papers 2 weeks ago.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Times are increasing. Some reports (on subguns.com) that folks are now being told 8 months.

I sent my last Form 4 in early February. I figure it will do well to clear by Halloween.

Mike

--------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dealer received my approval yesterday! ATF received my application on 10/13/11.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Form 1 sent Oct 31st received end of April.

Six months is about it supposedly.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
My stamp came in this Friday 8/2. Submitted it in late February.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cool. Mine were submitted mid-February and should be in soon. tu2

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Should be any time, George. My dealer says the backlog is about 7 months. tu2

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I called NFA this morning. although the checks were cashed by the end of February, my forms did not go into 'pending' status until early April.

It looks like it will be another month or two. Mad

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
That really blows. While I was picking up my AAC suppressor I got to see my other project. It's my old Remington EtronX 243 Win rebarreled to 458 SOCOM and integrally suppressed. That's the M700 with electronic priming and no moving parts during ignition. Barrel is 16" inside a 24" tube. It just got to the testing stage and I haven't sent in for the stamp yet. I won't have it in hand until next year but I'm still jazzed just getting to fondle it. If you look closely at the pistol grip, you can see the "ignition key" sticking out:

Next time I'll be better prepared and get some decent pictures.

posted Hide Post
An Etronix rifle?

Hoe often do you have to check the batteries on that system? Did you buy enough e-primers to last two lifetimes?

George

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Big Grin The battery only goes dead when you need it, so checking it is pointless.

But I do have 2000 primers I bought back when they were "only" $99 per thousand. Now they're up over $200 when you can find them. I'm hoping 2000 is enough to get through my remaining half-life...

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
What really is irsksome is when you drive 5 hours to the camp only to realize you forgot your ignition key...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
What really is irsksome is when you drive 5 hours to the camp only to realize you forgot your ignition key...

Hell, just coat it in epoxy and break it off in the lock. You know it will happen eventually and this way you won't lose the key. Big Grin

George

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Hard on the battery.....

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Worst case, if shoot up my supply of primers or otherwise end up with an electronic rifle that won't spark, a new bolt assembly from Dave Kiff and a regular Remington style trigger will convert it back to standard primers. I may do that anyway for routine shooting and save the hi-tech stuff for special occasions.

In fact I could probably sell the primers I have now online and pay for the whole conversion. But what would be the fun in that?

I did put one spare key in my safe deposit box. I'm not usually known for planning ahead but this time I admitted my limitations.