Notify
Tools

AR sight system set up
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Hi guys,

Did not even know this forum existed until skl1 pointed it out to me.

I just entered the AR world and have a new AR 10 to play with. I want to put a scope on it that I can shoot hogs with at night.

But...I would also like to put a holographic sight on it for quick acquisition snap shooting.

And...of course...a light.

What do y'all recommend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36532 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
picatinny rail
digisight n550
eotec? for daylight?
leupold 3x9 on picatinny rails

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What about the eotech holographic with nightvision capabilities?

Anybody have one of those?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36532 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rob does, i got to use it.. neat setup.. however, the cost, to me, was too high..

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have a flat-top. I am thinking of mounting a Trijicon 3X9 on the integral receiver rail with Weaver 3-screw medium picantinny rings. I am thinking of using the rail-topped ring in the rear and then mounting a holgraphic sight on top of the rear ring.

Then this rifle has a forward rail where a standard front sight woulld go. I was going to use an off-set base there and then mount my Surfire off-set to the left near the forearm.

What do you think???

J. Lane Easter, DVM