Find
Notify
Tools

7mm and 270 Weatherby Cartridge Boxes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted
I am going through some estate sale items I picked up and came across 4 7mm and 1 270 Weatherby Magnum ammo boxes. They are all of the same era with the tiger on the box fronts. Some are full of empty brass and others are partials. prices on the boxes are $6.60 and $6.80. Do these boxes have any value or should I just basically sell the brass? Though I have been a firearms enthusiast for many decades I have never been into the cartridge or ammo box collecting. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
At the very least, buy the boxes for the brass. Current Wby. brass is changing hands for between $2-3 each, so there's value there. As for the boxes themselves, Weatherby used the "Tiger" box for a long time, early '60's through late '80's if I recall. That means there are a ton of them out there. Not particularly collectible unless they're in mint condition. I have two of them on a shelf in my office, one for each of the Wby. calibers I own. They're a neat decoration to have around.

If you wanna sell the 7mm brass, I'll buy it! Big Grin

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Hey Clayman,
I think what you say is true. I was confused when I saw the boxes on eBay with $25 - $50 "buy it now" prices. I suppose someone might buy them at that price, but collectors are not really looking for them. Thank you for your response.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote