New
Find
Notify
Tools

KTW
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After doing some cleaning of my reloading room, I ran across some KTW 44 Magnum ammo. It is in what appears to be an old MTM ammo wallet with the KTW label on it. I think it is 12 rounds, but will need to check. I guess this is a "what is it worth" post. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
KTW 44 Magnum ammo

A quick search revealed all kinds of information on KTW ammo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon-coated_bullet

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the answer, I was more looking for where a good place is to sell it, and what should I ask for it. I understand it is collectable, but most of the info I have found from the internet is at least 5 years old in terms of sales. I guess I should ask if anyone has a recommendation, or have used, any dealers in collectable ammunition. Again, thanks.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put in here in the for sale section see's what happens.

Add what you think would be a reasonable profit and see if it sells.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
I appreciate the answer, I was more looking for where a good place is to sell it, and what should I ask for it. I understand it is collectable, but most of the info I have found from the internet is at least 5 years old in terms of sales. I guess I should ask if anyone has a recommendation, or have used, any dealers in collectable ammunition. Again, thanks.

It is probably not legal to possess here...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14368 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our laws here often make no sense at all, but some laws in the USA are really funny.

On the article linked earlier in this thread, several states ban ownership of Teflon-coated bullets "while committing or attempting to commit a crime".
Surely anybody attempting to commit a crime for which a firearm is required is not going to care about breaking another little law?

Posts: 467 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
They have no idea about Teflon. It's only function is to protect the bore from the bronze projectile.

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote