THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wincester silvertips (brown boxes) circa 1940-50??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a brown box of 100, 180 gr. silvetips, 30/06 Springfield. they are quite pointed Marked Winchester Western cart co.I can send pics to emails..

Same in 100 gr. 257 cal.

Brown Box of 25 marked almost the same in 30-30 cal. soft point with LOTS of lead exposed, 170 gr.

I bought these off the AR forum to shoot, but apparantly these are old enough to have collector value, all boxes are in nice condition..Ive been around shooting for 86 years and never have I seen these..I have brown box Western HPs ,but not marked Winchester..O'Connor was fond of these..

Pictures to interested buyers email as I cannot post pictures on the internet only to emails.

This stuff must be much older than I thought, can't find any info on this particular box..All boxes are complete and are sharp pointe silvertips, all is in excellent condition, I would not be surprised if its not first year of prduction ammo in all cases, bullets are bright and shiny but boxes are sealed except on one end where someone peeked in, including me, like new bullets..Collecting bullets is not my thing and Im only speaking generalities, not from an experts point a view..

Need a fair value..

Any educated guesses as to value

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted Hide Post
Ray~ I would like to see the .257 boxes. Please email at. Charlesdrazes@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 242 | Location: Lake Linden Mi | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote