Find
Notify
Tools

Smallist bullet/shell
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted
I have a small collection started and would like to find one of the little guys for it, any one have a very small bullet/shell for trade or sale ?

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's always somebody selling the 4mm short and long rimfires on Auction Arms under Collectable Ammo and fairly resonable prices. There are some even smaller cartridges like the 2.7Kolrobi(sp) but don't expect them to be cheap or even common place.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
There is always the 2mm pinfire blank for the watchchain pistol - dont come much smaller than that....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. short 44 send me an e-mail with your address and I will give you a 4mm Lang for postage. Butch papawlambert@starband.net

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
In keeping with the thread, is it okay to piggyback a question? Is there an actual shotshell smaller than the 9mm rimfire round? Discounting of course such rounds as the 22LR with birdshot.
Just wondering.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 6mm and 7mm RF shotshells, along with a 9mm Short and standard (both all brass and paper/brass versions of the "std) and 310Rem shotshell. There is also a 9mm centerfire shotshell (I don't have that one).
There may be others that I'm not aware of (did they ever make a shot version of the 25 Stevens?)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Short44 on the way to you is a pinfire to use in the little bitty gun, 4mm Lang, 6mm Flobert, 22-3000 G&H, 9mm Winchester shotshell, and a 401 Herters Mag. Send me $5 for my time and trouble. Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To the best of my knowledge,the .20 caliber Wingo is the smallest shell designed for a shotgun.

Winchester introduced it in the 1970s for indoor mini skeet shooting.

WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Ok now does any one have a small cal bottle neck bullet ? Say a 14-Hornet ? A 10 cal 25 apc ? And so on ???/

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I have a .14 jones it looks like the palm of your hand would stop it but it would probably hurt even less than a .25 automatic.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Whatcha want for it ???

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
short44
its not for sale but if you keep watching this forum Ill keep you posted if I get a hold of another.they are kinda hard to find check out the cartridge shows if you want to see some really incredible cartridges. I have been collecting since I was a kid and finally went to a show by myself because I dont know anyone else who does it.All my buddies want to go but
are not as interested as i am.I kid you not if you go to one you will feel embarrased as to what has been available and offered to the public,experimental,military,and all else it is boggeling. nut bewildered nut

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Short44
Put www.cartridgecollectors.org on you favorates list, and attend the shows listed there. St. Louis is the big one (early April), but the others are worthwhile. You can also post your request on there forum, someone may have one for sale.

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Will do, I really want one of the 25 apc thats been downed to 10 cal... Hell I have a 500 S&W I would like to be necked down to say 357 cal !! I any one here can do that ???? Thanks guys.

one of us
Picture of steve65
posted Hide Post
Now these are small 1mm-2mm pinfire

http://pinfire2.homestead.com/Ammunition.html

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
I have a pinfire. Thanks. But still looking for some thing like a 25 apc necked down or a hornet necked down and so on. Thanks for that link all so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen pictures of a .22 LR that was necked down to .10 caliber(rimfire central IIRC), but know of nothing smaller.

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote