New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking Info on Johann Peterlongo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone direct me to a good source of info (books, magazines, web) on Johann Peterlongo. He was a gunmaker from Innsbruck, Austria who developed a line of metric cartridges (that bare his name) during the early part of the 20th century. Any info would be appreciated.

Posts: 283 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
There is a couple of pages on Peterlongo in Vol 1 of Dixons "European Sporting Cartridges" - a brief company history and then data on the individual cartridges .
Outside of that maybe the European guys can shed some light .....?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
muzza,
Thank you very much for the info. I have found several sources on the Internet where I can obtain this book. It looks like something I should definately have in my book collection. Thanks again.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You need vols 1 and 11 if you can find them . Both were short print runs and sold pretty fast . Hope you manage to find both, there really isnt any other english-language text on Euro sporting calibres out there .
I beleive Brad is working on another volume , or at least an update , but he hasnt given any time frame for printing as yet .

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again muzza,
I had some trouble locating these books on the Net but at last found the volume (I believe it is Volume I) on Germany and Austria. You wouldn't by any chance know of any books in the German language with info on Peterlongo would you?

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Sorry mate , my family left Germany 150 years ago this year , and none of us speak the language now.
Maybe a request on the International Ammunition Association website forum might find an answer for you .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for another source. I will have to check them out.