Find
Notify
Tools

50 BMG Sabot
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted
Does anyone have a 50 BMG loaded with a Sabot & 30 cal bullet ?

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one (in my collection), and it even has the SLAP headstamp. You see them on a semi-regular basis on the Auction Arms website under "Collectable ammo". While your there, look for the 50BMG Multi-ball rounds.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
There is a variety of military loadings in saboted rounds . I have two variations of the Singaporean loading , a wicked looking tungsten AP and a tracer version of the same . My understanding is the stuff is super expensive to make and barely accurate enough to warrant its existense. Maybe I'm wrong there ...

I have a spare of the AP if you can figure a way to get it legally from me to you .....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys but I was thinking more in line with reloaded rounds with like a Sierra Match King or Hornady A-Max in a Sabot. I have a 30-06 with a 60 gr V-Max that I use to shoot in my 06, looks wicked and was way fast with 57gr IMR 3031, 2" at 100 yards too.

one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
short44, there are a bunch of these out there - not terribly common, but anyone who has the tooling to load .50 BMG can produce these Cinderella rounds - I've seen them with .30 ball, AP, tracer, even a minimal HE "observation" projectiles in the sabots. I came across a bunch of these, but have sold them all. They are strictly a hand load proposition.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Just that I have never seen one at a gunshow, and would REALLYY like to have one for my collection...