Find
Notify
Tools

RFM-UMC 30-30WIN
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
I happened to be looking in my old brass and came across one that was marked as RFM- UMC intead of REM-UMC.Was this a tooling problem and how common was it.
I also just counted my collection and I have 150
different cartridges not including duplicates.
It ranges from the .14 jones rimfire to the .460 Weatherby.Below I list a few of my favorites.

350 Griffin & Howe
30 Newton
280 Ross
7x61 Sharpe & Hart Super
22-3000 Griffin & Howe
30 cal 1903
and the 9.3x74R
just to name a few.

I can't wait till the next cartridge to come to my area.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The headstamp bunters used in the loading processes wear out after a few zillion stampings , and I suggest that your example escaped detection in the quality control inspection process . They cant look at every single case , but usually defects are detected fairly promply .
These sort of variations are collectable too , makes for yet another variation in the collection .

'Course you could always start collecting headstamp bunters but they are a reasonably scarce item outside of the ammo factory .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
muzza thanks again I only have 1 of these.
you must be a long time collector.I have been doing this since i was a kid and just recently got into the shows I was baffeled at what is out there that I did'nt know even existed.
And from there the free and common ones I have.And is now a bit expensive for some.I believe a
person could spend $10,000 and still not have
everything out there.But one would have an a
very extensive collection!!

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
cal30, one could drop ten grand on just two or three rounds if they were of a mind to do so! There are likely almost as many variations in cartridges as there are in coins minted since the introduction of fixed ammunition - perhaps more!

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I suppose a person could.
But my money takes to long to earn
to be in those ranks.