New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel prices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most people have never known what being needy is like in America. Oh, there are those who choose it but not the average person.

I wonder how high fuel prices go to were people finally say they cannot afford to drive to work anymore? Pretty soon most of one's take home pay may go for fuel and utilities. I am still shocked at how much of suburbia is still planning expensive summer vacations.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are right, lemmings marching into the sea because that has always been the way. I often think of that song by Don Henly "+ All she wants to do is dance." The lack of gas driving to work is a REAL potential problem that will only escalate with time under this administration. Sorry, that was a comment for the PF, regardless that it's true. It's like those idiots are working a play book on how best to destroy the nation. O.K., History 101; we as a nation are dealing with devaluation of the dollar on a daily basis, fuel + energy prices are rising, groceries are out of sight,the government wants restrictions meanwhile refugies swarm our borders. Kinda sounds like the Weimar republic, doesn't it? Draw your own conclusions; I for one have opened several history books.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's going to get ugly for sure.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
You are right, lemmings marching into the sea because that has always been the way. I often think of that song by Don Henly "+ All she wants to do is dance." The lack of gas driving to work is a REAL potential problem that will only escalate with time under this administration. Sorry, that was a comment for the PF, regardless that it's true. It's like those idiots are working a play book on how best to destroy the nation. O.K., History 101; we as a nation are dealing with devaluation of the dollar on a daily basis, fuel + energy prices are rising, groceries are out of sight,the government wants restrictions meanwhile refugies swarm our borders. Kinda sounds like the Weimar republic, doesn't it? Draw your own conclusions; I for one have opened several history books.

The Fate of all mankind is in the hands of FOOLS!

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

My opinion is most "preppers" are unprepared for what is coming. I have raved for decades that this whole prepping movement is badly flawed.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:
quote:

My opinion is most "preppers" are unprepared for what is coming. I have raved for decades that this whole prepping movement is badly flawed.

Saw one you tube prepper wondering how he was going to carry enough batteries to keep is electronics running.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the price of batteries lately? Gawd.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you seen the price of batteries lately? Gawd.

I just bought (4) Four back up truck batteries. Just over $660.00 Total.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my son was in the Mesopotamian sandbox in 2002, he wrote me that everything they were doing relied on batteries. I don't know if you can call that insider trading but then as now might be a good time to buy stock in "Energizer", etc. I'm pretty sure that society as a whole will not cease to exist, sooner or later things will balance out; given time, water always finds it's own level. Besides, just like in W2K, I have faith in corporate greed.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And just like that...BOOM! 87 fuel is now over $5.00 in central Florida.

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone care to predict when 87 octane will be $10/gallon?

How about diesel?

I recon to coastal states will rise faster so I am asking for the majority average to rise to such prices.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet it has been (at least) two years ago I purchased any fuel, and then it was two or three jerry jugs five gallons each, gasoline in case I needed to fire-up the generator.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometime before the next election (+ that's if the next one is fair + real), otherwise all bets are off. How about all the folks who can't afford the gas to go to work? More unemployed; well maybe those votes will counteract the ones that the dims are counting on by opening the borders for the free riders

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about all the folks who can't afford the gas to go to work?

Well not affording gas to go work is most likely not a problem.

If one is smart about it.

Lets say you are making only 10 dollars an hour.

Drive 20 miles round trip in a vehicle that get 20 mpg.

Even at 10 dollars a gallon that is only a hour of work.

If your that dumb that you can not budget for that your most likely have a severe spending problem.

Most of those type still smoke and drink.

When people tell me they can't afford money for gas to get to work.

What they are really saying I don't want to give up other things.

Or I don't want to work.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P Dog, for sure. Most people nowadays have never had to do 'without'. They have not had to because welfare was always there for them.

I do see a lot of signs that the food supply is going to suffer significantly and that will cause a lot of problems even for the hand-out crowd.

~Ann