THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

AR wishes our members a Happy Passover

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Preparing For The Unknown    Anyone want to discuss: "THE FOURTH TURNING".....??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone want to discuss: "THE FOURTH TURNING".....??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It seems to be accelerating now, especially in Europe, with America lagging by maybe four to six months.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What is the fourth turning?

The misery in Europe has been coming for years.

Stupid politicians listening to greenies and environmentalists and liberals with open borders made this happen.

No one wants to listen to reason any more.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66949 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
What is the fourth turning?

https://www.zerohedge.com/pers...ating-fourth-turning

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting article.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, with the likes of BLM, WOKERY, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, this might just be true!

Posts: 66949 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the article assumes that to get through the “Fourth Turning” we have to br or have been in a state of tyranny.

I reject such because no one is taxing me at my Church House Door. Nor governing, yet, my relationship with my spouse.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You mean the left blackmailing every in their daily lives is not a form of tyranny??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course its tyranny; either already imposed or in the works. A good case in point is a subject I brought up yesterday on the misc. column concerning water rights. Read it there. However I had a friend (passed now) who used to be #2 under Bob Bullock + told me that the Texas Legislaturehad been working for years on the regulation on private water wells (I.E. metering) So lets see, you pay for the well + maintenance + then the government charges you for the use of the water, which wasn't theirs to begin with. The only positive thing that I see out of this is that those new transplants can't suck our water table dry so that they can have a golf course lawn. Personally, I think that drinking water is at the top of any agenda.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in the water well business for a few years.

Some one would call us we go drill a well.

Now one needs a permit and a well number. The government wants and tries to control all.

The government is not your friend.

Posts: 19366 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Of course its tyranny; either already imposed or in the works. A good case in point is a subject I brought up yesterday on the misc. column concerning water rights. Read it there. However I had a friend (passed now) who used to be #2 under Bob Bullock + told me that the Texas Legislaturehad been working for years on the regulation on private water wells (I.E. metering) So lets see, you pay for the well + maintenance + then the government charges you for the use of the water, which wasn't theirs to begin with. The only positive thing that I see out of this is that those new transplants can't suck our water table dry so that they can have a golf course lawn. Personally, I think that drinking water is at the top of any agenda.

All Governments tax. Rem we President Washington putting down the Whisky Rebellion. The power to tax is legitimate. Everyone quotes Justice Marshall saying,

“The power to tax is Ted power to destroy.”

What they do not quote is the reset of the quote where he enumerates “The people will never allow Congress to destroy through tge vote.”

The Constitutional Convention was originally to address the lack of a central revenue raising government.

If the majority of the people in Texas want to tax water well drilling on private land through the vote, that is not tyranny. That is what and how Government is for. It is an intrastate commerce activity that the state can duly tax.

I would not like such a tax and would vote against my Rep and Sen if they voted for it. However, it is far from tyranny. Such government action is permissible; maybe not advisable.

Taxing me for going to church since the 1st Amendment has been incorporated against state legislatures is not.

In the 19th century, state legislatures could snd did tax you for going to church as the Federal 1st Amendment for not prohibit such legislative action.

Most states at the state level rejected the practice before the 1sr Amendment was incorporated.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read what I said. We already pay taxes when the water well is drilled, + we will be responsible for paying any taxes on future maintenance just as we are for that maintenance. My point was that they want to pass a tax/fee for the use of the water that is public domain. It does NOT belong to the state to tax or regulate. That being said, I will admit that I would rather have regulation than completely running out because some abuse the usage.