Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting about "AMMO SHORTAGE".
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I see a ad saying wtb ammo.

They all should read wanted to buy cheap ammo.

Had a fellow police retiree ask me where he could buy some 40S@W the other day.

I asked him how much he wanted, what kind and what he wanted to pay ended the conversation.

What he was really asking do you have any cheap 40S@W for sale.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. I've had ammo for sale and put it at factory price, NIB stuff, and have had people tell me I wanted too much money for it.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
If you get the Dillon "Blue Press" monthly mag. they now offer an ad from a company that makes a tool to reload 22 LR. If you don't ,let me know + I will forward you the info on the tool (under $100.00)

I have plenty of .22. I'd like to get the .30-06 done.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, what do you need for 30-06?
P-dog, I can relate. About 4-5 years ago I cast up + loaded 400-550 rounds of 40S+W for my brother-in-law; no charge. Seems his grandson came over with his buddies + shot it all up in one sitting. Then Tommy calls me + asks if I can load him some more. My polite answer was "No."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone lives in Alaska, I will be bringing lots of powder and primer bricks to the gun show this coming weekend.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The two "cowboys" in the club have a machine going, production gas pot for making ingots and small electric for casting. they take the range lead with is already alloyed.

45LC/ACP, 38 and 9mm

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
52US$ /1000 for cci 200 in Sweden.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nordic2, in these times that is a great price.
richj, I have an understanding with the owner of the local tire center on WWs. Kinda like love, you can never have too much. Smiler

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The prices for ammo here are mostly beyond ridiculous. But, what do you do?

Fortunately, I stocked up on a lot of ammunition but still am looking for some other calibers.

I went into a small sporting goods store when I was passing through Southern Utah. I was looking at the ammo rack and about fell over when I saw 7mm WSM. It is nearly impossible to find. I bought everything they had (yes, you can call me a hoarder). The price was great and I believe I ended up with 4 or 5 boxes.

A friend of mine was looking for some .284 ammo. I found some in Logan Utah at Sportsman's Warehouse. With tax it was $91 for one box of Core-Locts! I did find some later, online for $51 (I believe) but the shipping was around $17. We combined an order and bout a few different calibers.

Crazy times for sure.....

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With tax it was $91 for one box of Core-Locts!

Frowner

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I saw a box of the same caliber Core-Lokts in Sportsman's here in Vegas and also did a double take at the price-over $90 a box for it. Also, a plain vanilla box of 300 Savage Remington Core Lokts-over $70 a box. That is obscene, but it is what it is right now. Big caliber safari ammo prices on regular ammo! Crazy!

Posts: 18530 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the order I mentioned above, I bought one box of .300 Savage for $41.00 a box.
A few weeks previous, they were $60 (I believe) at Sportsman's. It looks as if they have went up again!

I guess the positive news is that my first attempt at rebuilding a gunstock, for my son (on the .300 savage) turned out to be an utter disaster! Therefore the ammo should last a little longer than expected Roll Eyes

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a guy ask me a month or so back if I had any factory loaded 30-06 so I looked + I had a box of 180G. Silvertips. NIB, but several years old.(of course! they haven't been made in years!) I told him I'd take $75.00 for the box + he had a calf. F. him, I put it back on the shelf; it doesn't eat anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$75 for 20 rounds?

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Around here right now, standard 30-06 (not Silvertips) is selling for more than that. 30-30, when you can find it is going in excess of $60.00 a box. The local store has 50 rnd boxes of 45 L.C. for $139.95. It has always been a good idea to handload, but no better times than these.