New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check these out
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently went to a seminar on long term power outage techniques. They discussed a variety of options and had several products on display. I thought these were quite interesting. They had a couple of them lit while the two hour program was given. Very bright light. I will add some to my equipment.

Rechargeable LED light bulbs

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow, those sound great--thanks for the info!

Posts: 115 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's cool. I will add that.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Posts: 519 | Registered: 28 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, thanks for the idea, I ordered 4.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just keep them in regular light sockets. They work nicely. I am making notes on my calendar to do charge days since a lot of my solar battery stuff also needs periodic charging.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have wall mounted propane lights at the head of the stairs + over the cook stove, but I like having back up over back up. Wink

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
I have wall mounted propane lights at the head of the stairs + over the cook stove, but I like having back up over back up. Wink

In a long term situation, sooner or later everyone runs out of traditional fuels. That's were things like wind and solar are king. Even wood if you want to cook or stay warm.

These light bulbs should work well on a solar charging system. They are only 15w.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to test the Lingwarm LED bulbs this past weekend during a grid-down event. Maybe I misunderstood the info on Amazon, thought they would still light in the lamp socket when fully charged--but no. Maybe it is just my lamp itself....anyway I used the plastic socket/hook arrangement that is included with the bulbs, worked great for reading entertainment until the grid situation was repaired.

Posts: 115 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience is they need to have the switch added to run as well. Still, they are very bright. I have several in lamp sockets and rotate them to keep them charged.

~Ann