Find
Notify
Tools

Kazakstan or Altai?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
Anyone been to either one of these areas?

I bought a DVD from www.huntersvideo.com and they hunted in Kazkstan for Ibex, Brownbear, and elk. The guy shot an incredable bull elk, a nice bear and a couple ibex.

Thinking that is something I would like to do.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MOA, I have hunted both and enjoyed both. Last fall I hunted Kazakhstan and took a dandy ibex and a big 7x7 maral stag. Great experience.

Best of Hunting,
Mark Hampton

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
That is exactly what I want to do.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
Dear MOA TACTICAL,

you can hunt in Kazakstan Altai-Maral too... this is not a problem.
Altai in Kazakhstan The Kazakhstan Altai consists of the Western Altai, Southern Altai and ridge Kalba (Н -1608). The western Altai - is rich with minerals, therefore this part of Altai name Rudnyi. The Western Altai between the rivers Uba, in northeast between Bukhtarma is located. Consists of ridges Kogronskiy, Tigirezkiy, Kholzun ridges Ubainskiy (Н -1800-2000), Ivanovskiy (Н -2800) and Ulbinskiy (Н -1800-2200). The word "taiga" in language of Altay people means «a wood on mountains». Southern Altai is plateau Ukok and Bukhtarma valley, a plateau. Flat tops, are combined with depression in which many lakes were formed. The highest point of ridge Kalba - mountain Saryshoku. Kalba - edge of fantastically beautiful lakes. Of all Kazakhstan 's many regions, no other is so steeped in legend as the Altai. It is the original homeland of the Turkic nations, and contains impressive rock carvings and mysterious tombstones dating back millennia. The legendary peaks of Shambhala and Belovodye, and the double peak of Mount Belukha (considered the "navel of the Earth") are still the home of shamanism, giving the Altai a mystical reputation. Geologists, archaeologists, ethnologists, botanists and zoologists have all come here from around the word drawn by this ancient mountain region's many treasures. The great German explorer Alexander von Humboldt travelled through the area in 1829, sponsored by Tsar Nicolas I to explore and report on what he discovered; the result was Von Humboldt's masterpiece, A Sketch of the Physical Description of the Universe. Only a small part of this large mountain range in the heart of Asia is situated in Kazakhstan . The major part of the Altai, with its continuation into the Sayany Mountains , is in Russian territory, while another large section stretches into China and further into Mongolia. The mountains are incredibly rich in natural splendour, home to rare plants and animals, historical landmarks and other places of geological and anthropological interest. Not without justification is this region called the Altai, meaning " Golden Mountain " in Mongolian. Scientists called the Altai a "concise continent", a term that reflects the extraordinary variety of landscapes found within its relatively limited area: there is desert and steppe, low mountain chains covered from 600 - 2000 metres altitude with taiga orest (accounting for 47 percent of the region), more than 300 high mountain peaks covered with glaciers (on Kazakhstani territory alone), and approximately 2000 lakes and 1200 rivers. Twenty- seven species of reptile, 36 fish species and 333 types of bird call Kazakhstan 's Altai home. The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) has included the entire Altai in its list of 200 areas in the world with exceptionally important value in terms of biodiversity. Kazakhstan has acknowledged this by putting large areas of its share of the Altai under protection. Visitors to the Altai should be aware that they are guests in a by and large untouched realm and should behave accordingly. It would be easy to spend several weeks or months in the rolling steppe, foothills, valleys and high mountains of the Altai, without losing interest or enthusiasm in the many and varied experiences it offers. Everything from inexpensive two-day excursions to lengthy Altai tours by car, bicycle, boat, on horseback or hiking are possible. The city of Oskemen (Ust-Kamenogorsk) is the most convenient starting and finishing point for trips. Since many of the finest areas are situated in the border area with China , the obligatory permits are required, though arrangements can be made through any authorised agency without too much trouble. The climate in the Altai is uncharacteristic for Kazakhstan . Winters are long and harsh, with snow often more than two metres deep, while summers are relatively cool, especially in the mountainous areas. Rain is also more abundant, both in summer and winter. The guidebook across Kazakhstan . Authors Dagmar Schreiber and Jeremy Tredinnick. Publishing house "Odyssey".2010.

Mark has hunted a maral in Dgungaria. So I think. (Kazakstan).
And you can hunt a maral in Altai ( Kazakstan).

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MOA TACTICAL, which Altay do you mean? There are Russian Altay, Kazakhstan Altay, Mongol Altay, Chineese Altay (no hunting, as I know). And what kind of trophy do you want to hunt?

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate i started hunting in the old communist block in 1990 and my greatest wish was to hunt Maral in kazakstan but it didn't work out because a wanker named George Savich!along with the political troubles that began then. I did how ever go to the Altay just over the boarder and above. I missed out on a Maral as we had missed the rut by a few weeks but took a nice Ibex and roe deer.I still want to go to Kazakstan to hunt those maral but they are just not that cheap anymore,one day

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, I hunted the Russian part of the Altai. 10 days on horesback in early September without seeing anybody not a member of our party. To this day, this was one of the finest hunts I have ever had the privilege to participate in.

I have always wanted to go to Kazakstan.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntincats:
Stop buying DVDs and bending everyones ears with your dreams.Just spend some money and go hunting and enjoy yourself!

LOL +1

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Altai Maral hunt is a fantastic hunt. Here is some footage from our hunts:

It is a 10 day hunt on horseback in the Altai mountains you won't see a soul! On these hunts it is possible to also shoot Asian brown bear, wolf and siberian roe deer if you get a chance. There are some outfitters that offer Maral hunts in Kazakhstan which are no more than a preserve hunt so be sure what you are buying! If you see vehicles and maral together, you know what that indicates!

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
Tel: 845 259 3628

Posts: 2549 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntincats:
OK MOA REDDY 375 took the time to post a couple
nice videos of his hunts.You said it was something you would like to do.Did you send your deposit???

Man you are riding this guy hard, why the beef?

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote