THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Boot recommendation for Tajikistan in November
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boot recommendation for Tajikistan in November
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
heading to Tajikistan in late November, as well as a trip the Yukon in early October. Need to buy some proper boots and start the break in process. I am hoping that the same boot would suit me for both hunts?

Looking at Lowa, but not sure if I want to the taller boots or something more in the mid-range. Any suggestions?

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it will be much colder in late November in Taj than in early October in Yukon. I believe you need different boots.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MEINDL 800GRAMS INSULATION.

Posts: 142 | Location: Hidalgo, Texas /Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Meindl Alaska hunters in Kyrgyzstan in Nov. Worked just fine.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ended up going with the Lowa Bighorn Hunters

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted there during a December hunt. It was cold as he!! and I was very happy that I took Cabelas Inferno. They have .. like... 2 billion grams of thinsulate. They're bulky, ugly, but have a fairly agressive tread which made them perfectly suited for for the conditions that time of year.
The daily high temt was -20F. Most boots would not have been warm enough to use while glassing.
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there in nov a few years back. I wore my schnees and was fine

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not tried any of their insulated boots, so can't say as to cold weather, but Whites boots out of Spokane Wa are the most comfortable I have found. They do make insulated and I'd suspect with their quality they would be good.

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
La Sportiva Nepals worked well in Kyrgyzstan in October/November.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used Kenetrek 1000 grams when I hunted Marco Polo in January / February in Tajikistan. My feet never got cold.

Posts: 6 | Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia  | Registered: 24 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the MEINDL 800GRAMS INSULATION.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you are but you can probably order a pair of Lundhags online. www.lundhags.se Fantastic boots!

Posts: 178 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 20 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I think these are mostly truck hunts, if you are hunting from the ground and doing a lot of vertical you might consider Koflach plastic boots.

Problem with them, they can get you into places you don't necessarily have the skills to go very quickly.

Back in my younger days I wore the edges of a couple pairs in the Tetons.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was in Tajikistan late November/beginning December last year. Minus 17 Celsius with steady very cold wind and some snow on ground.Your tears come out even though you are not crying. Quite different from Yukon in October due to combination cold and wind.

Used a Irish Setter boot with 1.400 gram Thinsulate and not too fit to your foot, but fit enough to walk/climb the mountains.

Really depends if you are a freezer or not and how much climbing you need to do. You are not walking/climbing fast anyway due to altitude.

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote