THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Sad News - Elephant kills someone I knew
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad News - Elephant kills someone I knew
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
I got this sad news yesterday.

My brother-in-law owns a gear manufacturing factory in South India (Coinbatore). We heard yesterday that his staff member Karunakaran (the person's name) who helps out in various ways including as night security at times for the last 20+ years was killed by a cow elephant.

The factory is in the outskirts of the city. Decades ago this was scrub jungle and elephants used to pass through & they still do so but rarely. Karunakaran was walking from the bus stop to the factory at around 10 pm when the cow with calf attacked him. He died at around 1.30 am.

We are all shocked and saddened by the incident. We have known Karunakaran for many years and he was always a very obliging person with a ready smile. His wife is now in shock.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this sad news Naki, especially with the tragedy happening to someone to whom you and your family are close to. My thoughts to you and of course to Karunakaran's family.

I suppose the cow was protecting her own family in her own way not that Karunakaran was a threat to her.

Posts: 3860 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote