THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Ibex for the first time....where to go??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ibex for the first time....where to go??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

Well, now I have time to plan for my first Ibex hunt. All I know I am seeking is something remote, do not mind back packing or horses, spike camps and so are ok with me.
Now, to what I need help with, where to go?
Have been reading/looking at Kyrgyzstan, any information that will help a first time Ibex hunter is good for me.

All tip is good for me.

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you could only choose one ibex
I think Kyrgistan would be the choice.
I have 4 different ibexes and the midasian
in Kyrgz was the most adventurious.
Try Profi-Hunt I use them often

Posts: 210 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Vegard_dino,

You don't hunt ibex in Switzerland?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
From my viewpoint for first trip Spain is better. You can take there four different ibexes . You can try take alpine ibex at home or Austria also . Turkey has nice bezoar ibex, but it is so expensive there.
For trip in kirgizia need to be more experienced if you want to get big trophy.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No need for experience.Good outfitter in kyrgz is what you need.You go enjoy and let the internet and video hunters do their thing.
You will ride some horses and climb and work
hard for a good trophy.Have an ibex from spain
and it was really nice but easy.Kkrgz is the rael deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the reply and info Smiler
Just from what I read, I feel that Kirgiza is interesting....but maybe very hard for a first timer.
Huntingcats, will send you a pm if it is ok?
GDF, yes Turkey is tooo expensive for me..., you feel/think that Kirgizia will be "to" hard for a first timer like me? Can I ask why?

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dino pm is just fine

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vegard_dino:
T you feel/think that Kirgizia will be "to" hard for a first timer like me? Can I ask why?

If you in shape, you can ride on horse many hours and shoot 300-500м, you can get big one in Kirgizia .Why not? But Spain gonna be more easy for first mountain trip than Kirgizia.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GDF,
Thats almost exactly what I told him in the PM
Why not save Spain till you are older?Great accomidations,wine,food.AS you know Kyrgz is a little rougher.I can tell you have been to both.
I think he should jump in with both feet,how about you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate contact bryan martin at asian mountain outfitters. If you want first class service at a fare price from a guy that is a hard core guide you can't go wrong. For a first timer in a part of the world that can eat a beginer for a snack in the blink of an eye he's the guy or his partner Chris Nash to set you on the right path. hope that helps

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I've hunted ibex in Russia and Spain only, so I don't know a lot about them. But I can say that these two hunts were very different.

I've written reports about these hunts. They might give you an idea.

Hunt report Russia

Hunt report Spain

Even though Spain was great, and I'm sure to go back sometime, I think you're better of taking a more physically demanding hunt. It sounds like that's what you're looking for. And like "huntincats" says, you can do it when you're older Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted K'stan last October with Extrem-Tours and shot a great billy. I can't imagine a better camp, and doubt there is from what i have heard. PM me if you want more details or look under the Outfitters and Discounted Hunts Threads for a Profyhunter posting

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote