Find
Notify
Tools

A Healthy Tiger !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Someone needs to start preserve hunting on these Kitties...it will generate a lot of revenue for the preservation of the species.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you can even suggest preserve hunting for tigers and show us the photo of a very young tiger!

Posts: 2540 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I have seen tigers in the wild in India - corbet national park. It is an incredible sight and emotion that is difficult to explain.

You can see the tigers of Nagerhole park - where they take gaur on a regular basis - one tiger taking a gaur which is almost double the size of a cape buffalo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys0dW9kNd5I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...p964&feature=related

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@reddy375

This is a female....not a young tiger and I took these pics on foot not too far from her in the open without any fences.

Sorry, the big male was otherwise occupied in the bushes and I was not crazy enough to go and disturb him.

Granted I do not have an impressive picture of a male posted....keeping all emotions aside....there are people who would pay big sum to hunt tiger South Africa style....in big fenced areas (think couple of thousand acres).

Money generated from these hunts can then be used for preservation of the species. I know very well this cannot be achieved in Asia due to political backlash but may be it is possible in South Africa or Australia where men still have their courage and common sense.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
damn nice pictures!!!!!!!

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collector,

Preserve owners will keep the money and spend it on tiger breeding, not spend it on wild tiger conservation. It will not happen, but if the powers that be in India issued even one or two licences a year that would bring in lots of revenue for conservation of tigers. Would also open their eyes to see what a valuable resource wildlife can be.

Posts: 2540 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
She's a cutie. Let's help them prosper.

I'm no way a PETA fan, but I do love Corbett's memory and we need these magnificent animals. I remember seeing a 16mm film in the '50s of a tiger hunt via elephant. They were great then and now need our help. Protect them.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dabloobana
posted Hide Post
the current budget for the conservation amounts to approx.$200000 per wild tiger per year.
an extra million dollars will amount to this budget increase to $200700 approx.

The gdp of india is quite healthy now unlike 20 years ago.
Its the corruption, hypocrisy and the love for money that will ensure that this wont be successful.

Its ironic that its not the lack of money but too much of it that is indirectly resulting in the decline.

Born to hunt, forced to work.

Posts: 36 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 15 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dabloobana:
the current budget for the conservation amounts to approx.$200000 per wild tiger per year.
an extra million dollars will amount to this budget increase to $200700 approx.

The gdp of india is quite healthy now unlike 20 years ago.
Its the corruption, hypocrisy and the love for money that will ensure that this wont be successful.

Its ironic that its not the lack of money but too much of it that is indirectly resulting in the decline.

Well said.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector:
....there are people who would pay big sum to hunt tiger South Africa style....in big fenced areas (think couple of thousand acres).

Yes, the same ones that gave lion hunting in SA such a bad rep.

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not believe that unless my life, or that of another person, was in imminent danger, I could shoot an animal that beautiful.

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dream of a day that tigers are in numbers to be hunted again. I would take a tiger hunt over a lion any day. They just seem to be the greatest of all cats. I doubt even if it were available whether I'd ever afford it, but I still like to think it'll happen before I'm too old.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote