http://gametrails.org/iran-reopens-to-us-hunters/

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9370 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This was from a Hunting Consortium e-mail.

Dear Friends, Clients and Interested Hunters,

Finally! Good news to report from Iran. For those of you who have been following the continuing struggle for American hunters to get visas to travel to Iran, we have received confirmation from the Office of the President (Iranian) that all restrictions have been dropped and visas will be issued to American hunters beginning with the opening of the fall hunting season this year. We will begin processing applications in July.
The new director of the Department of Environment (DOE) has indicated that the number of licenses for nonresident hunters will be increased this year. Harvest quotas should be released in July, but it is anticipated that some 400 permits for various species will be available and that the nonresident share will be increased over the allocation in 2013.

Nonresident hunting reopened in Iran last fall and hunters from Europe, Russia and Mexico reported excellent game populations and easy hunting conditions. Several extraordinary trophies were taken. Unfortunately, no visas were granted to American hunters, or to hunters from the U.K., Australia or Canada.
For those Americans who have waited to return to Iran since 2012, this is great news. We are busy now re-scheduling those hunts. We anticipate that the hunting season will begin in mid-October and continue through mid-February 2015.

Hunters who have not booked hunts in Iran already, may also get a chance to hunt this season, if the shooting quotas are large enough. Those interested in hunting this great sheep and goat hunting venue should contact our office immediately. Periods of time not already assigned to those who booked in 2011 and 2012 will be tentatively booked, pending the issuance of quotas. There is an excellent chance that those interested in common species such as Transcaspian urial, Armenian sheep and Persian desert ibex will be able to get licenses this year. We are booking on a first come, first served basis.

I will report back as soon as I have precise harvest quotas, 2014 prices and hunting season dates.

No other country in Asia currently provides hunters with as many species of wild sheep and goats. The level of outfitting service is high and trophy quality was excellent last year. We hope very much that this long wait will have been worth it and that we will have a great hunting season in Iran this year.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9370 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Updated US State Dept travel warning on Iran.

http://travel.state.gov/conten...-travel-warning.html

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
man, reading that makes me want to rush right out and sign up for a hunt- NOT!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
as a kid, i lived in isfahan from 1974-1978. we shot a few pigs and varmints. i would love to go back!

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news for any Americans interested in hunting there. The part about Canadians not being able to get a VISA is entirely false though. I was booked in to hunt ibex in january but had to cancel at the last minute. I got my passport with a VISA back from the Pakistani embassy in D.C. in less than two weeks. No problems whatsoever.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can confirm that VISA are not an issue.

However, I am still unclear on how this does not trip the "facilitation" rule (ie, helping Iranian businesses make money)?

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
I can confirm that VISA are not an issue.

However, I am still unclear on how this does not trip the "facilitation" rule (ie, helping Iranian businesses make money)?

Heck Orvar……. the whole world is unclear on how the hell it all works. Friends today, enemies tomorrow……… can't take anything or anyone at face value. A fine species.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
man, reading that makes me want to rush right out and sign up for a hunt- NOT!!!

This doesn't make much better reading either!
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iran

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Argh.. fuck it - lets go!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Will they let me hunt with a Mk 11 Mod 1 and carry a 1911A1 for dispatching wounded game?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight...go to a country that doesn't particularly like Americans, and go there armed.....no thanks, I will pass....

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote