THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Which watch for higher altitudes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which watch for higher altitudes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going on an Asian hunt and wondering which watch I should buy to monitor the altitude etc?

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Casio Protrek but it is no where near as accurate as my cell phone. There are a lot of apps for GPS enabled cell phones that are extremely accurate.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suunto would be my recommendation. Lots of models from sort of simple to very feature rich. I say sort of simple, because they don't make a simple watch, IMO.

The Ambit3 is one that I have used and liked for hiking.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntingineurope
posted Hide Post
Try, My Tracks from Google play

SCI Life Member
www.allanvester.dk

Posts: 111 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 02 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with a simple Suunto.Used mine in Kyrgyzstan to 14500. Helpful and easy to adjust for time zone changes.Takes me awhile each time I try to remember how to set alarms,but I get there.Special Forces guys swear by these. Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim. The Suunto Range is (overly imho) excessive, which simple model would be the right one?

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have and use the Suunto dive computer.

But for what you are thinking of I would guess the Suunto Core is what you are talking about. The Core Ultimate Black or others in that line. Some have nicer finishes than others.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote