THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Game hunters on the prowl in Dhorpatan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game hunters on the prowl in Dhorpatan
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://kathmandupost.ekantipur...wl-in-dhorpatan.html

Game hunters on the prowl in Dhorpatan
- Post Report, RUKUM

The game hunting season closes in mid-December.

Oct 18, 2016- Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve is currently in the middle of game hunting season which started from mid-September.

Hunting enthusiasts from different parts of the world, including Germany, Spain, Canada and Norway, have arrived to take part in the action.

Being the first hunting season of the year, the reserve authority has issued permits to hunt 11 Himalayan blue sheep (Naur) and five Himalayan tahrs (Jharal). The hunters will have to pay from Rs 125,000 to Rs 250,000 for each kill.

The season closes in December. The second hunting season starts from mid-February till mid-April.

Chief Conservation Officer Ananath Baral said Fagune, Barse, Seng, Dogadi, Ghustung and Sundaha areas are the best hunting spots.

The Department of National Parks and Wildlife Reserve has issuing permits to hunt 26 Naurs and 14 Jharals per year.

The reserve is spread over 250 hectares and covers the districts of Baglung,

Myagdi and Rukum. It is home to 32 mammals,

including black bear, snow leopard, red panda, and 317 bird species.

Published: 18-10-2016 08:42

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9377 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:

The reserve is spread over 250 hectares and covers the districts of Baglung,

Isn't that kind of small?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I should have hunted blue sheep when they were $4000.

250 hectares is 500 acres. I bet hey mean 250,000 hectares.

Wikipedia says it is 511 square miles. That is 327,000 acres. Which is 132332.205 hectares.

So maybe the article is wrong or Wikipedia is wrong.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there this year for bluesheep. One of my best hunts ever. A few pictures are on the echolsblog.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Worlds greatest hunting adventure....

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote