New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE Ibex taken (PHOTOS ADDED)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just heard that a client of ours took a 52 3/4 inch Mid Asian Ibex in Kazakhstan! The outfitter has taken some fantastic Ibex this year but I think this is the biggest!

Will post pics as soon as I get them!

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
DSC booth # 1222 (January 4th to 7th)
SCI booth # 5297 (January 31st to February 3rd)

Posts: 2549 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CORRECTION FROM ORIGINAL POST ABOVE: -- The client just got back in to civilization and informed me that the ibex is 53.6" and is 14 years old! He also took a 10 point maral stag.......

Posts: 2549 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
beer

Great News!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

An absolute monster of an Ibex 53.6" and 14 years old. Very nice Maral also.

We can arrange all your mountain hunts as well.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I see they are on Photobucket so nothing shows.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2800 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A monster! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Read the thread on photobucket fix. You need to download an add-in & bingo, back to normal.

quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
I see they are on Photobucket so nothing shows.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11018 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That qualifies as a big-un !! I'd like to see some better photos of the entire animal..

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
nice animals, maral looks old as well, who guided in Kazakhstan?

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hello Arjun

That Ibex is a monster, nice Maral.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had two other clients return with a 48 and 49 inch Ibex respectively. This is a phenomenal area and they reported seeing bear, maral, wild boar and wolf. It is however a very long drive from Almaty. For next season we may consider a stop over to break up the journey.

I will have 2018 prices by next month.

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is a maral genetically an elk? They sure look alike, but I could see the agreement that they have been an isolated population that cannot breed w/ other elk.

Posts: 11270 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Is a maral genetically an elk? They sure look alike, but I could see the agreement that they have been an isolated population that cannot breed w/ other elk.

No reason why they can't same genus, red deer cross very well with elk "wapiti", hard to tell the difference between them

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 11270 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am no expert in this matter but many Maral have crowns and also palmation which Elk do not typically have! I guess if the south africans got hold of them they could breed them with anything Smiler!!!

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Marals share crowns and palmation with Roosevelt elk which makes sense. Roosevelts are the closest geography to them after crossing the land bridge after the last ice age.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2800 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read an article after posting that reported Marals (some) will almost bugle. It was a hunting article and therefore, not scholarly, but it appears some roar and some more or less bugle. A very interesting animal.

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
all the ones I saw there bugled, young wapiti will roar so same with Maral prob

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
What a monster! and that maral is also very nice! Congratulations to you and your client Arjun!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote