Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish Air JFK to Almaty?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
Has anyone flown J.F.K. to Almaty Kazakhstan Business Class? Thoughts about Turkish Air?

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Almaty, don't remember which carrier from Dulles to Frankfurt, just coach. Nothing out of the ordinary with either leg.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went cattle class. Good airline, you can't go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flew Turkish Air in 2010 from JFK to Bishkek. Good service, even in Economy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have flown many times with Turkish Airlines on hunting trips and with my gun and only had one incident once, when my ammo box was not downloaded from the aircraft in Dushanbe.

Twice I picked up a good offer and flew business, but went back to cattle class since their business class is not that good, in my opinion, that would make it worth paying the extra money. It is closer to one of the new premium economy classes that some companies have started recently, an intemediate class between cattle and business, than a real business class.

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like we are moving to kyrgyzstan? But I would be flying into Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Still on Turkish Airlines. The reason I look at Business class is because I can't sleep on a plane. Not for Luxury only to recline so I can sleep.

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've flown business and comfort class with them. I used to think business class was great, until I was spoiled flying on the Emirates A380 Smiler I still think its good, just not great.
I also need to lay flat to be able to sleep and business on Turkish Airlines was pretty comfortable. If it wasn't for the lay flat and wanting to sleep, I would say comfort class is almost as good.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote